[rsbac] RSBAC mprotect

Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón tazok at rsbac.org
Fri Aug 5 19:42:06 CEST 2016

Amon, PaX is a derivative work of a standard linux kernel isn't it, it
should maintain the GPL license or not? For example could you close the
rsbac kernel source code?

Have you talked with pipacs and spender? maybe they could relicense to
you PaX source code to use with rsbac.

I think the trouble of spender and pipacs were that one grsec user
company of embedded devices was supposed to implement grsecurity in an
architecture that was not supported by standard grsecurity and this
company denied that his device were a new arch, spender and pipacs asked
for source code and didn't obtain it (something like this).

Damn I like this new feature, may be could be time to call rsbac 1.5
when being stable, may be could co-exist hooks to standard pax with the
standard PaX module and one module MPROTECT if you decide to implement
your own PaX version.

Do you have plans to extend MPROTECT module to implement for example
PageExec (may be using SCD NONE EXECUTE), UDEREF etc etc etc?