[rsbac] About this part of Jens Documentation

Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón tazok.id0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:12:15 CET 2015

I have chosen this approach, welcome suggestions.

emerge has it's own forced_role, and it's caps as minimum.
emerge binaries has its own fd_type
When I need to make an upgrade I grant it with ttl as bofh (my secoff)
without commit to root, granting R, MAP_EXEC and EXECUTE to emerge_t

Something like this
rc_set_item -t 15 ROLE $root_role" type_comp_fd "emerge_bin_t" R
EXECUTE MAP_EXEC

Since is a python script, privileges are marked as absolute.

No need to fakeroot and you can take all RC learning mode capability
since you use a new role to emerge.

Comments are appreciated