[rsbac] CAP learning mode and RC learning mode

Javier J. Martínez Cabezón tazok.id0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:21:48 CEST 2009

It's complicated to do a standard policy, you have a lot of sysvinit
differents.
To do what do you want to do, have you thought in mark
/etc/init.d/whatever_script with an initial role?, I think they got
executed so it will inherit the role you put there and you have the
advantage that if it get's "chowned" later (in a privilege dropping
for example) it could change to the new role. You could forbid the
execution by forbidding the execution of the implicated binary to only
the launcher script sole. So, init executes the script
--service_role--script_execute_binary--if not_service_role -->
execution forbidden-->if_role_correct-->execution_of_binary_with_role_inheritance-->if_chown-->change_to_new_role