[rsbac] MAC labels (Amon Ott)

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Nov 17 09:27:53 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 wrote ali valizadeh:
> Thanks to the post. It's very usefull.
> But, I want to transfer file and I want to have MLS (Multi Level Security)
> over the network. So, when a file with "Secret" label sent from one end to
> another, I want to recive that file with "Secret" label in another end
> point of the network. Does RSBAC have solution for packet labeling?

No, it does not yet support network packet labeling.

In my idea, the sending side should only agree to network link labels that fit
to the file label, and the receiving side can only create the file with a
correct label.

Sending something, e.g. the file, over network is like copying it twice: First
to the network link, then to the target file. If both ends are always in a
secure state, then the information flow is always correct.