[rsbac] RSBAC 1.4.2

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Fri May 15 09:32:00 CEST 2009

Hello all!

RSBAC 1.4.2 has been released for kernel 2.6.29.2. We expect a significant
speedup and even better SMP scalability from the new RCU based list locking.

There will be no more releases for 2.4 kernels, because new features like RCU
require 2.6. Still, 1.4.1 for 2.4.37 is very stable and has no known bugs.
Please keep using 1.4.1 for 2.4 like we do. The svn trunk for 2.4 will stay
maintained for a while.

Most Important changes since 1.4.0 (somehow we skipped the 1.4.1
announcement):

  * Change generic lists to use RCU instead of rw spinlocks

  * New SCD target videomem on x86 arch to distinguish between video and other
kernel memory (SCD kmem) access

  * New config option RSBAC_ENFORCE_CLOSE to really deny close, if decided

  * Check protocol in NETLINK network templates when matching

  * Upgrade to 2.6.29.x, tons of kernel internal API changes again a usual

  *  Many small bugfixes

Upgrading from 1.3 or 1.4.x is easy: Compile, install and boot. Some extra
checks might require minor adjustments, though.