[rsbac] rsbac_auditor_rol

Javier J. Martínez Cabezón tazok.id0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:02:04 CET 2009

Well, it works perfectly, without any bit suid turned on. With
syslog-ng rights changed to 755 (syslog-ng binary has it's own
rc_type) I have switched AUTH_ROLE to auditor to user audit, granted
CAP_SYS_ADMIN and CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE as minimum capabilities to
syslog-ng binary, added the capabilty of user audit to
start-stop-daemon and modify gentoo /etc/init.d/syslog-ng to make
syslog be started as user/gid audit. As all scripts needs access to
/var/lib/init.d the rc_type_fd of this dir is different and I make
that the necessary roles make all files under this dir of
/var/lib/init.d type (with def_ind_fd_type). SCD rights to rsbac_log
and syslog are changed accord to syslog role. I think this is the more
proper/secure solution don't you think?