[rsbac] Create a patch from svn

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Fri Oct 31 15:54:40 CET 2008

kang <kang at insecure.ws> writes:
Hi,

> On Thursday 30 October 2008 09:55:49 Gergely Loónyai wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Howto create a rsbac-patch from svn repo? I should like to patching other
>> sources (the mandriva kernel sources) for a test.
>>
>> Aleph
>
> hi,
>
> checkout both mandriva kernel and rsbac sources and use "diff", or checkout the
> linux kernel and use diff eg:
>
> diff -urNp mandriva-kernel trunk > patch.patch
>
> or (better):
>
> diff -urNp linux-2.6.27.y trunk > patch.patch

Indeed, extracting a patch from the svn against a vanilla kernel and
then trying to apply to mdv's kernel source is better.
Also for doing such work, using quilt and QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="-F0" (see
patch man page for -F0) helps as there will be a _lot_ of rejects. Be
prepared for many hours of "fun". Even after managing to fix all
rejects, it doesn't mean it'll compile and it'll work.

imho, in a first time, it would be better to use a vanilla kernel
instead of mdv's kernel. Once you know how to use rsbac and have your
system up and working, you can then try to switch to your custom mdv
kernel with rsbac.

Regards,
Arnaud