[rsbac] DAZ on Gentoo

kang kang at rsbac.org
Mon Nov 17 14:35:07 CET 2008

Daniel Cegielka wrote:
> I thing the main part of 'gentoo support' it's you ;-)
> years ago I spoke with Michal Purzynski and I know from him, that in
> general the most support for RSBAC in gentoo stem from you. I don’t see
> your name on this site...
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/index.xml
>
> So we must write ebuild alone? ;)
>
> daniel

I'm not part of it anymore, so I can't update things on it. I can help
you if you need some support with RSBAC or making the RSBAC ebuilds.
The hardened herd is looking for volunters  to support various parts of
the project (not only RSBAC, but the toolchain, etc. it's a bit lagging
behind at the moment)

Anyway, this is a bit out of topic for this mailing-list. Best is that
you use rsbac.org kernels (and probably, add up the pax patch). These
ebuilds barely unpack and patch a kernel into /usr/src/xxxx, so
unpacking your own there isnt a big difference anyway. Just remember to
upgrade it and cleanup the directories when you switch to a new one ^^

The tools ebuild can be version bumped and re-emerged for updates, it
should work flawlessly at the moment

kang