[rsbac] Package update problem

Jens Kasten jens at kasten-edv.de
Tue Nov 4 22:13:14 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 10:21 +0100 schrieb Amon Ott:
> On Tuesday 04 November 2008 09:40, Gergely Loónyai wrote:
> > This way is too slow. I'm is 1 TB personal data and ~ 4 billon
> > file. This backup is not end on 3 hour. Where is not include this
> > very easy backup on emerge python script (or rpm code)?
> >
> > ebuild package install
> > if [ -e /proc/rsbac-info/active ] ; then
> > 	for I in $(equery f ${P}) ; do
> > 		"get_rsbac_settings" from ${ROOT}/${I}
> > 		"set_rsbac_setting" on ${D}/${I} || echo "RSBAC_WARNING: not set
> > ${I} !!!" done
> > fi
> > ebuild qmerge
> >
> > ...and the rsbac's flags is inheritable
>
> I have created a few scripts for our products, which backup per
> package - but this is for Debian based systems only.
>
> Basically, it goes through all packages once, lists the contained
> files, makes a separate backup for them, and restores the package
> backup after each update.
>
> Amon.

i have in the moment also only for debian a backupscript.
this is the nessesary preaparing
http://kasten-edv.de/download/rsbac/aptuser.txt
and this is the script
http://kasten-edv.de/download/rsbac/updater_aptget.sh
its an old script and only modified to work it will be replaced soon,
because now i need it also for the gentoo.
its read which packages would installed or upgraded and from the
packetmanager ask it which files would be involved and only from this
files and directories is create backup and restore it.
after finish  under tmp_* are the info for review.
it is in the moment tested without rc, mac and pm.

when the aptuser call the script and done something the root password is
requiered, otherwise the restarted service or filepermission would be
set to the aptusers uid:gid. i have founded in the moment no other
solution.

grüsse
jens