[rsbac] user management failing after kernel update

kang kang at rsbac.org
Mon Jun 18 13:21:31 CEST 2007

Amon Ott wrote:
> On Friday 15 June 2007 22:43, Sven Seeland wrote:
>
>> A little afterthought:
>>
>> Could this have something to do with the fact that I'm still
>> running the old rbsac admin tools (1.3.2)? The new ones didn't
>> compile and I decided to postpone that until later but it might be
>> that the old tools don't work with the new kernel. Is that correct?
>>

> All 1.3 admin tools should work with kernels since 1.3.2. kang as
> admin tools and Gentoo maintainer should be able to shed more light
> here.
>
> Amon.

I made a fix for 1.3.4 in SVN (will be 1.3.5) which I will put in
Gentoo. 1.3.4 builds perfectly, but does not respect the FHS (thus does
not get installed in Gentoo) as the .la and .a files get installed in
/lib. This matter is handled differently in different distributions so
there is no perfect solution...

But 1.3.2 tools should work.