[rsbac] backup-user

Jens Kasten jens at kasten-edv.de
Wed Jul 18 22:42:12 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 19:58:56 Javier Martínez wrote:
> 2007/7/18, Jens Kasten <jens at kasten-edv.de>:
> > hi
> >
> > i have add an user wich should do the backup.
> > if i do it with the rootuser oder rc-role 2 than i must always modify the
> > setup, because he cannot every read dirs or files.
> >
> > now all works but one problem is appear and is it, if i do
> >
> > tar czpf etc.tar.gz  /etc
> >
> > and than this
> >
> > tar xzpf ect.tar.gz
> >
> > the rights set all to my backupuser.
> >
> > how can it solve this?
> >
> > mfg
> > jens
>
> Look for in the tar manpage for the option --same-owner, probably this
> is what you are looking for.

thanks, this was missing.
but now mayby is better two different user for the backup.
one allows to read all dirs and files and the reverse user must bevor look and
save the rsbac attribute and then put the backup back and set the attribute
back.
so this user must have more rights, but the user wich do the backup is many
more time in use.