[rsbac] PM - how to stop it

Bartosz Brodecki bbrodecki at cs.put.poznan.pl
Wed Apr 18 17:45:55 CEST 2007

Dnia środa, 18 kwietnia 2007 15:13, Amon Ott napisał:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 14:24, Bartosz Brodecki wrote:
> > I have problem with switching off (or to softmode) PM module when I
> > started system in enforce mode?
> >
> > I always get the same problem:
> > ...|rsbac_adf_request(): request SWITCH_MODULE, pid 1880, ppid
> > 1861, prog_name switch_module, prog_file /usr/bin/switch_modules,
> > uid 400, target_type NONE, tid NONE, attr switch_target, value PM,
> > result NOT_GRANTED (Softmode) by PM
> >
> > I try this with mamy user id: 400, 401, 404 by with the same result
> >
> > please tell me where to find an answer to my problem,
> > and is there some help to PM module (how to use it - commands)?
>
> You first have to grant a ticket as secoff and then use it to switch
> off as root. PM is a bit complicated and not really documented, so I
> recommend to turn it off in kernel config if you do not need it.
>
> Amon.

ok, but what arguments in command rsbac_pm I should put?
I tryied:
 >rsbac_pm create_ticket 1 2600 switch_pm 0
 (null): requesting pm-call create_ticket (No. 27)
 Error: RSBAC_EPERM

I known that PM is complicated, but I'm styding MAC system, and I should know
any module, a knew MAC, RC, FF, AUTH, CAP, but PM isn't known for me.

I've read http://www.rsbac.org/doc/media/niss98.php (but there is some bug
with pictures), but in there You not say about any commands and what use it.

Thanks,
Bartek