[rsbac] UM issue in 1.2.5 to 1.2.7 upgrade

Nikola Antonov nikola at linux-bg.org
Sat Jun 3 19:03:52 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux testing with RSBAC more than one year ago without
any problems. When a new RSBAC version is released, I just download the new
tarball archives and prepatched kernels from official mirrors, build *.deb
packages with dpkg-buildpackage and install. I'm very happy to use such
powerful project like RSBAC;)

Since RSBAC 1.2.5 has been released, I migrate successfuly to RSBAC user
managment system (UM) according to official project documentation [1].

Now I'm trying to use the new 1.2.7 version, but when the server is booting
the system cannot find information about user and group ID's. Is there any
solution or known issues or probably I made a mistake?

I have compiled and installed all the relevant packages including kernel
2.6.16.19 with RSBAC 1.2.7 patches, builded in Debian way[2]. The new kernel
configuration is like 1.2.5 patched kernel (2.6.14, prepatched form RSBAC's
site). I just copy the old .config file to the new kernel source.

Regards,
Nikola

[1] http://rsbac.org/documentation/rsbac_handbook/security_models/um
[2] librsbac-1.2.7, rsbac-admin-1.2.7, rsbac-pam-1.2.7, rsbac-nss-1.2.7,
linux-image-2.6.16.19-rsbac-1.2.7

--
Nikola Antonov