[rsbac] Trusted Path Execution and scripts

Jens Kasten jens at igraltist.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 20 19:29:00 CEST 2006

rsbac has more also models, than what i use.
only to  see if i understand it properly.
a) every binary or file has a rc-type.
b) the user e.g on /home/user1 has rc-type 1000
c) the user1 has a rc-role 1000
d) every service wich is running has his owne rc-role

than the .bashrc has a different rc-type  e.g 10001
every think the user1 need to login has his owne rc-type so he can login.
than the rc-role 1000 has no execute right on rc-type 1000.
how he would do something bad.
the rc-role 1000 has also not access to the rc-type on /usr/bin/perl.
so mayby he can write in his rc-type 1000 directory some bad thinks,
but this rc-role 1000 can  do nothing. how will he eable to call the perl?
for me unpossible.  remember on all main files or directory has to stay
rc-types, so that no default is accepted.
so every think under the rc-type 1000 directory is under controll from the
rsbac and has no default.