[rsbac] rsbac_init and initrd / I don't get it to run

Michael Decker MDecker at tesis.de
Thu Jul 13 15:12:45 CEST 2006

	Hi,

after last mailings I tried some different calls without any result...

I've encrypt my root with LUKS. I try to start with RSBAC... It doesn't
work... Here the important part of the initrd script [1]:
	--- SNIP ---
mount /dev/mapper/root /new
cd /new
mkdir initrd
pivot_root . initrd

# Start init and flush ram device exec
chroot . /bin/sh <<- EOF >/dev/console 2>&1
umount initrd
rm -rf initrd
blockdev --flushbufs /dev/ram0
exec /usr/bin/rsbac_init /dev/mapper/root
EOF
	--- SNAP ---

cryptsetup set the encrypted access to:
	/dev/mapper/root

So I've tried some different calls of rcbac_init:
	--- SNIP ---
/usr/bin/rsbac_init /
--
Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDTARGET
Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!

root_dev: root device to initialize from, e.g. /dev/sda1
Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!
--------
/usr/bin/rsbac_init /new
--
Error: No such file or directory
Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!
--------
/usr/bin/rsbac_init /dev/mapper/root
--
Error: No such file or directory
Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!
	--- SNAP ---

None works...

How should I change my script, that it could work?

Thanks a lot

Best regards,
	Michael

[1]
http://gentoo-wiki.com/SECURITY_Encrypting_Root_Filesystem_with_DM-Crypt_with_LUKS#Initrd_Scripts
Michael Decker                      Michael.Decker at tesis.de
TESIS SYSware GmbH                      http://www.tesis.de
Baierbrunnerstr. 15 * 81379 Muenchen * Tel. +49 89 747377-0