[rsbac] Gentoo / RSBAC / Encrypted Root / Unmount fails

kang kang at rsbac.org
Wed Jul 12 10:55:16 CEST 2006

Michael Decker wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Please try setting the kernel parameter
>> rsbac_delayed_root=99:99
>
> Doesn't make any changes :-/
Enable CONFIG_RSBAC_INIT_DELAY in the kernel configuration. RSBAC
initialize after the first root mount, so if it doesn't work if its a
ramdisk, this option let you specify when to initialize. with value
99:99 it just doesn't initialize (that's when the major:minor changes
all the time and you don't know which one will be used), so you need
to initialize it by hand with rsbac_init when your final root
partition is mounted

>> and use the rsbac_init tool to trigger RSBAC init after your root
>> partition is ready.
>
> So I to call this the first time or every time, after success mounting
> the root?

So every time after mouting the final root partition (unless you put
the correct major:minor, then it's automatic)