[rsbac] Can't boot with hardened RSBAC/PaX-Kernel - OT: How to create an serial console log file with VMware?

Michael Decker MDecker at tesis.de
Fri Jul 7 09:13:42 CEST 2006

> In the VMWare setup for this system configure one serial port to point
> to a file. Enable serial console support for your kernel under Device
> Drivers->Character Devices->Serial drivers. Then boot the kernel with
> parameters
> console=ttyS0,57600 console=tty0

So the only thing, what now will be written to the serial log file, is this:

	--- SNIP ---
AT
ATI9
AT
AT
ATI9
AT
	--- SNAP ---

That is not much... I don't know, what I do wrong... Sorry :-/

Michael
Michael Decker                      Michael.Decker at tesis.de
TESIS SYSware GmbH                      http://www.tesis.de
Baierbrunnerstr. 15 * 81379 Muenchen * Tel. +49 89 747377-0