[rsbac] DAZ freeze

Andrea Pasquinucci cesare at ucci.it
Wed Feb 22 08:36:50 CET 2006

Hi, just to report that in a few weeks I had 2 DAZ freezes (on 2
different machines, one for each). What actually happened in both cases
is that when the freshclam/rsbac_daz_flush command is issued, clamd has
correctly stopped but when it restarted it did not go further than
saying loading the DB. Nothing else in the logs. After that the machines
have been working normally with the only problem that DAZ did not allow
some new processes to start, in particular new shells. So as far as the
old processes were running fine and I was not logging into the machine,
I did not even noticed it. But clamd could not be stopped, not even the
full machine (shutdown blocked on clamd) and I had to power down the
machine. At reboot everything is ok.

I do not know if it is a DAZ or a clamd/freshclam problem.

I am running 2.6.14.6-rsbac_v1.2.6pre

Andrea

Andrea Pasquinucci                     cesare at ucci.it
PGP key: http://www.ucci.it/ucci_pub_key.asc
fingerprint = 569B 37F6 45A4 1A17 E06F  CCBB CB51 2983 6494 0DA2