[rsbac] 1.2.8 uploaded to pre

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Mon Aug 28 22:58:39 CEST 2006

* Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> [2006-08-23 09:28:23 +0200]:

> > Of course rsbac update-upgrade is also a must as all the old
> versions
> > won't be available for the freshest kernels.
>
> For 2.4 kernels, it is rather easy to forward or backward port RSBAC
> versions. You can always ask for a specific combination, and we will
> try to provide it.

Can I ask for one really small favour?  I've got to use RSBAC 1.2.5 with
the latest 2.4.33.2 kernel but am having a lot of rejects in one patch
and it looks like it's being applied wrong (bad fuzz).

What would *really* be nice is if you used "diff -puN" rather than "diff
-uN" just because then I can see what functions a particular hunk
applies to.  Right now, I have to take the old kernel (2.4.32), do a
diff myself, and figure out where the fuzz is off.  If you guys did that
already, it would make life *so* much simpler... =)

I'm not against back/forward-porting... I do it daily, but I sure wish
more people would use -puN as it makes a porter's life so much easier.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;