[rsbac] 1.2.8 uploaded to pre

Bencsath Boldizsar boldi at mail2005.etl.hu
Wed Aug 23 01:27:16 CEST 2006

To be honest, I'm somewhat frustraded by the new rsbac versions.
Whereas it is very good news to get new features, but actually sometimes
it is very complicated to follow the versions.
Eg. the latest kernel security hole is just on the bugtraq and now I'd
have to update the kernel of the computers. Yes, but ipsec is unstable
(openswan) and 2.6 kernels sometimes also fail.

After that when I really find a version that is usable, the rsbac is so
much changed, that I must go to every remote location to update rsbac,
because a simple update surely causes hangs (rc_not_granted (e.g
get_status) or acl problems).

So at every rsbac update I have to make plans and tests and after that go
to the remote location, then the library or the c compiler fails etc etc.

Of course rsbac update-upgrade is also a must as all the old versions
won't be available for the freshest kernels.

So I do not really know how others feel, but I'd be happy with less
frequent version changes, more bugfixes, and more information on upgrading
than having new feauters.

(I did not check what is the news of 1.2.8)

BENCSATH Boldizsar
boldi at mail2005.etl.hu