[rsbac] question on logging

Chirag Pandya cpandya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:16:05 CEST 2005

Hello Andrea,

On 9/19/05, Andrea Pasquinucci <cesare at ucci.it> wrote:
> I have another question:
>
> I really would like to have a separate logging for RSBAC. I guess that
> the only way is to use its own independent logging. If I log normally
> through the kernel, it gets to syslog as a kernel message and it goes
> with all other kernel messages. Or can I send it to something else? (At
> the moment I cannot use syslog-ng).
>
> Otherwise, how can I use RSBAC own logging? I guess I will have to have
> something like klogd which reads the messages and sends them to syslogd
> etc. ?

There is a daemon provided in rsbac-admin tools (rklogd).  It's in the
"contrib" directory.  This daemon is programmed to read
/proc/rsbac-info/rmsg and it can write out any file you choose.  It
works quite well.  Did you try using it?
I use an init script that launches rklogd at startup.

> PS. The only way of turning off syslog logging is by the kernel
> parameter rsbac_nosyslog, correct?

AFAIK yes.

Regards,
Chirag