[rsbac] linux_dac_disable

Andrea Pasquinucci cesare at ucci.it
Thu Sep 15 10:17:52 CEST 2005

Hi, another little question.

I would like to use the linux_dac_disable feature but linked to Roles
and Files. From what I understood, linux_dac_disable is a property only
of the filesystem, i.e. if I disable DAC on a directory tree, this is
valid for all Roles.

What instead I would like is a simple way of disabling DAC only for one
Role on a directory tree, like for example something as:

  DAC is disabled on DIR for ROLE

to which of course I would add a rule like 'ROLE has rights xxx on DIR'.

If this is going to be impossible, of course I will have to disabled DAC
on a directory for everyone and give to each Role the appropriate rights
on that directory.

PS. Running in SOFTMODE linux_dac_disable is turned off, right? That is
in SOFTMODE DAC is _always_ enforced.

Andrea Pasquinucci                     cesare at ucci.it
PGP key: http://www.ucci.it/ucci_pub_key.asc
fingerprint = 569B 37F6 45A4 1A17 E06F  CCBB CB51 2983 6494 0DA2