[rsbac] RSBAC and -mm patch

kang kang at rsbac.org
Tue Oct 11 09:57:14 CEST 2005

Nicola Squartini wrote:

>Hello, I am having truble to apply 2.6.13-mm3.bz2 patch after appling
>patch-linux-2.6.13-rsbac-1.2.5.diff.bz2 to kernel 2.6.13. Can you make
>an rsbac patch that is compatible with -mm? or better a rsbac-patched
>-mm kernel.
>
>Thank you

Hi!

Unfortunately we do not provide patches against -mm. The reason is that
it takes too much time from our actual development time, because the
patches changes often and it needs many updates to fix the conflicts.
I tried against the latest -mm and it would probably take about 1h/1h30
to fix conflicts. Also there would be no secure delete support for
reiserfs4 and the like after such a merge.

If you need only a few features from -mm, I would suggest you using the
classic or enhanced RSBAC kernel (from http://fixed.rsbac.org) and apply
the patches from the features you need (or simply patch a 2.6.13.x yourself)

Of course, if someone have the time and will to maintain a -mm branches
we would more than happy to create a new SVN branch, show him how it
works (with svk smerge E.g.) if necessary !

kang