[rsbac] GET_STATUS_DATA - SCD/other = NOT_GRANTED

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed May 25 13:00:26 CEST 2005

On Mittwoch 25 Mai 2005 11:42, Rafal Bisingier wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:22:32AM +0200, Amon Ott wrote:
> > On Mittwoch 25 Mai 2005 11:01, Rafal Bisingier wrote:
> > > I have many entries in log like:
> > > kern.info: rsbac_adf_request(): request GET_STATUS_DATA, pid
3218,
> > > ppid 1542, prog_name clamd, prog_file /usr/sbin/clamd, uid 43,
> > > audit_uid 43, target_type SCD, tid other, attr none, value none,
> > > result NOT_GRANTED by JAIL
> >
> > This is a sysctl read access, which is denied by JAIL. This
behaviour
> > has been changed in 1.2.5-pre.
>
> So is there any chance to resolve it in 1.2.4, or do I have to wait
for
> 1.2.5 or switch of jail?

Please use the attached patch to make JAIL ignore this request.

> Is there any expected release time for 1.2.5?

We might have a pre1 next week, if albeiro and I manage to complete
the implementation of the items found in our review by then. The
release might take about a month, but can be delayed if new issues
come up.

The most important items from review will be backported to 1.2.4 as a
bugfix when 1.2.5-pre1 is finished. We first have to test the
changes.