[rsbac] RSBAC and Linux distribution upgrades

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 3 11:18:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

we are using SuSE Linux 8.2 on our faculty server, together with RSBAC
(successful for quite some time :-) ). Since the support from SuSE for
the 8.2 release will not last for long now that the 9.3 release is out
(and two years have passed since the 8.2 release), we have decided to
upgrade to the 9.3 release. In order to minimize my (and those of my
team-colleagues) headaches concerning the upgrade, I have the following
questions:

1. Are there certain, important points that have to be taken into
account (special RSBAC backups, ...) ?
2. Since (AFAIK) RSBAC saves the settings not according to the filename
but to the Inode of the file, how can all the settings be played back in
for the - in the upgrade process - replaced files ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards.
    Patrique Wolfrum

--
Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg