[rsbac] Dummies starter guide

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Tue Mar 15 18:24:56 CET 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 9:31, Guillaume Destuynder wrote:

>> Is there any such thing?  I'm looking for an idiot's guide to RSBAC
>> if such a thing exists... something very simple and easy to follow
>> that details how to set RSBAC up.  The reason I'm asking is because
>> for Mandrake 10.2, we will be using RSBAC-enabled kernels by default
>> (although I think they will be booting into softmode by default) and
>> we need some sort of documentation for users to be able to setup
>> RSBAC.
>>

> It is not perfect or done, but there are the Gentoo quickstart
> (http://hardened.gentoo.org/rsbac) and RSBAC documentation, which I
> have some sections to write (eg: RSBAC Handbook which would aim to
> give you what you need, on wiki.rsbac.org <= this is nothing
> official.)

Rocking, I didn't know about either of these.  I was looking at the
RSBAC handbook(s) which look like decent sources of more technical
data, but I need something to get the dummies up and running.

I have visions of desktop users thinking to enable RSBAC and having
absolutely no clue on what they're doing (for Mandrake, anyways) so I'd
like to put something up that's super easy to understand and follow.

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"