[rsbac] RSBAC v1.2.5-rc1 released

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Jul 21 11:30:11 CEST 2005

On Donnerstag 21 Juli 2005 11:14, tvrtko.ursulin at sophos.com wrote:
> >RSBAC v1.2.5-rc1 has been released for kernels 2.4.31 and 2.6.12.3.
It
> >contains many additional bugfixes since 1.2.5-pre1, some more
> >interceptions and improvements for easier use. Please read the
> >Upgrading document before upgrading from 1.2.4.
>
> Have you changed anything with regards to REG callbacks being called
while
> a lock is held?

No, not yet. I will have a closer look these days and create
reader-writer locking by hand for REG registrations, e.g. with a
usage count. Since writing is very rare, there should be no lockups
with the current code - but the 2.6 kernel syslog flood can be quite
annoying.

In 1.3., the spinlocks might be replaced by rcu.