[rsbac] rsbac_menu error!

condor_rl@libero.it condor_rl at libero.it
Thu Jul 7 18:15:51 CEST 2005

I'm wrong...  I'm sure I have done some mistakes...
I executed the "rsbac_menu" software, and
when i try to add an ACL group, it asks for an acl group name,
i put a name into the field and when i give a CR, I get the
following error:

RSBAC ACL Administration - ERROR
acl_group: error while loading shared libraries:
librsbac.so.1.2.5-pre1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Reading more carefully your words I can see:
1) Untar
2) apply the patch
3) compile
4) install

Instead I realized I have done:
1) Untar
2) configure
3) compile
4) install

So...I suppose the error is related to the fact I did
not applied the patch...
But how can I apply the patch and which pice of software must I
patch?
Onestly I tried to read the rsbac "installation instructions", but i did
anderstand i need an RSBAC pre-patched kernel, it is easier, and the
admin tools.. but i did non anderstand I need of the Dialog software..

Sorry I know..I'm really a newb...

Thanks
Lorenzo

* Lorenzo Rossi <condor_rl at libero.it> [070705, 14:09]:
> Hi Amon,
>
> i downloaded the sources, compiled and installed it..
> now the menu is working... :)
>
> thanks
> Lorenzo
>
> * Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> [070705, 09:23]:
> > On Mittwoch 06 Juli 2005 13:49, condor_rl at libero.it wrote:
> > > deb-rsbac-vm:/usr/src/lo# rsbac_menu
> > > /usr/local/bin/rsbac_menu: line 57: dialog: command not found
> > > dialog menu program required!
> > >
> > > What does it meani? Where I'm wrong? Do you have any suggestion ?
> >
> > You need the tool dialog, which should be a package in your
> > distribution. You can also download it from
> > http://download.rsbac.org/dialog/ - untar, apply the patch from the
> > same source, compile and install. This version also works fine with
> > the menu help button - some versions do not.
> >
> > Amon.
> > --
> > http://www.rsbac.org - GnuPG: 2048g/5DEAAA30 2002-10-22

LinuxUser: 71680	OpenPGP-> KeyID: 0x25B9E15E