[rsbac] Minor Bugfix 1.2.4-6

Andrea Pasquinucci cesare at ucci.it
Fri Jul 1 11:51:01 CEST 2005

Sorry Amon, but these diffs are signe d with key 'key ID 40FBA92E'
and I cannot find the corresponding public key, I have only

pub  1024D/1E514E8F 2002-10-22 Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org>
sub  2048g/5DEAAA30 2002-10-22

pub  1024R/8EDF6AC1 1994-11-11 Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org>

Andrea

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:39:07AM +0200, Amon Ott wrote:
* 6. General: Fix rare dereference oopses in inheritance code.
*
*     * Urgency: Low.
*     * What you see: In some rare cases, RSBAC oopses in function
* rsbac_get_parent.
*     * What is wrong: Sometimes a file dentry pointer gets freed in
* do_exec() before the RSBAC EXECUTE notification call.
*     * Implications: A program might be executed with wrong program
* based rights, e.g. wrong RC role, if those have been set at the
* directory where the program is.
*     * Credits: Thanks to Cyberguard for nailing this nasty bug down!
*     * RSBAC versions affected: 1.2.4.
*     * Bugtracker issue: #0000019.
*     * What you should do: Apply the patch for 2.6 (MD5 / GnuPG Cert)
* or the patch for 2.4 (MD5 / GnuPG Cert) to get the bugs corrected,
* recompile the kernel, reinstall and reboot.
*
* Amon.
* --
* http://www.rsbac.org - GnuPG: 2048g/5DEAAA30 2002-10-22

Andrea Pasquinucci                     cesare at ucci.it
PGP key: http://www.ucci.it/ucci_pub_key.asc
fingerprint = 569B 37F6 45A4 1A17 E06F  CCBB CB51 2983 6494 0DA2