[rsbac] Login process

Juan Espino jp.espino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:14:09 CET 2005

Hello all, I have the following doubt

In a normal Linux I understand (maybe I'm wrong) in a login process the system checks /etc/passwd for authenticate the users.   This means that then a normal user happens to be root to be able to read the file passwd to authenticate him.

My question is what happen in Linux with rsbac.  For example I think the file passwd must  be a greatest sensitive label (e.g.  TOP SECRET), then what happen if a user with a label NO CLASSIFIED login into the system, how the system checks the identity of this user ?

I hope to have explained well my doubt.   From already, thanks