[rsbac] RSBAC+GRSecurity

Bencsath Boldizsar boldi at datacontact.hu
Sun Aug 7 11:32:34 CEST 2005

Hello Golem,
Yes, It's not the best option to patch a kernel with both security
patches, as it can rise problems. Practically, I used to make such
multi-patched kernel. The method is already described in this thread:
first I patch a vanilla kernel with one system (eg. rsbac) then with the
other (eg. grsec) then manually fix all rejected patches, finally at
compile time I fix (sometimes, eg. socket.c) the remaining problems.
Of course, I cannot be confident about the second patch, Yes, it can
happen, that some parts go to the wrong place in the kernel, but unless
You really use eg. MAC in both packages this won't hurt too much. (Or, I
can say, no such "big" error occoured up to now.)
My rsbac+grsec+openswan+tproxy patched kernels are downloadable at
http://www.boldi.hu/programs/rsbac/
(latest is 2.4.29, now I just try to make a 2.4.32, but I have some
problems...)
boldizsar

Bencsath Boldizsar