[rsbac] rsbac-kernel-2.6.7-r6 cant compile with GCC-3.4.2

kang kang at insecure.ws
Mon Oct 25 16:35:27 CEST 2004

Hi Rumen,
I am the maintainer of the RSBAC kernel @ Gentoo.
As you might have seen, the bug has been updated.

The rsbac-dev-sources-2.6.7-r3 and r6 kernels are basically the sames, but
r6 has kernel related security fixes (you can see it in the ChangeLog, try
etcat -c rsbac-dev-sources ; etcat is an utility from the gentoolkit
ebuild i believe)

My guess would be that GCC3.4 is the problem, probably a newer kernel
version will work (or newer rsbac that is). rsbac-dev-sources-2.6.9 is
ready on my hdd, but there
is no PaX support and I fear we won't see PaX for this kernel (30megs of
source to patch, and the 2.6 kernel structure will change again in the
upcomming versions, beside each new kernel has vulnerabilities. That are
the words from someone in the PaX team about porting it to 2.6.9, but I
don't have the link to his post)

I will try to install GCC3.4 this evening if I have the time

kang

ps: please go on with the gentoo bug for any information (or dual post it)