[rsbac] concern

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed May 5 17:27:03 CEST 2004

On Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2004 16:10, Diodato, Larry (Contractor) wrote:
> Is there a virus/worm out there that I may have on my system that can
> generate an email to an email address that is not in my address book?  I
> have run all the latest Norton Anti-virus software on my system.

There are dozens of worms and viruses in the wild which choose sender and
recipient addresses from address books, files on disk, etc., or just
create a random address. This is nasty for the faked sender, but nothing
you can do against.

Some viruses and worms even install Spam relay services on the attacked
systems now, so almost anything is possible.