[rsbac] logo for RSBAC

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Jun 29 09:02:12 CEST 2004

Hello Roy!

On Montag, 28. Juni 2004 09:28, Roy Lanek wrote:
> I own a few trucks, pickups, cars etc. in Indonesia--all
> of them with Slackware Linux stickers on them ... besides
> I have let them made in reflecting material.
>
> I am thinking to do the same with RSBAC.

Good. :)

> On the other hand--not intending to start a flame war
> nor to offending anyone--the present RSBAC logo is--Amon
> oblige--what in Germany they call a *Schmonzes*, [1] to
> speak /frankly/ like friends should do. Or is banal as a
> minimum--something that RSBAC is not.
>
> Plus--I am Swiss--the logo remembers me the one of
> *Securitas*, :( perhaps the largest security company
> (night keepers etc.) in Switzerland; RSBAC's logo is just
> even more kitsch, and out of symmetry. (What should it be
> the iris, a penguin?) 8)

It is either an eye with a penguin iris, or a penguin which is well
protected by two strong shells. I agree that it could look more
professional, but has served its purpose for years now. Kangs updated
version is an improvement, too.

> Enough, I am not bashing. So--snip!--to the point. Shall I
> ask to someone which I know and has worked professionally
> in the branch (graphics) to design a logo for RSBAC?
> It will be done gratis, because I am using RSBAC with
> satisfaction. And of course it still can be refused ... if
> it will be not liked.

Yes, please do so. I would appreciate it, if the new logo could be easily
recognized when knowing the old logo, but this is not required. A
professional logo would sure be fine to have.

Months (years?) ago I already started a logo contest, but got no
candidates.