[rsbac] help please with compiling erros with linux-2.6.7-rsbac-v1.2.3-bf1-pax-200406201350

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Fri Jun 25 14:47:55 CEST 2004

On Freitag, 25. Juni 2004 15:29, sftf at yandex.ru wrote:
> AO> Ok, another gcc 2.95 only error. Please try the attached bugfix.
> AO> I have reactivated my good old gcc 2.95 ...
>  What gcc version you prefer for kernel compiling?
>  In kernel Documentation\Changes:
>  "The recommended compiler for the kernel is gcc 2.95.x ...
>  You may use gcc 3.0.x instead if you wish, although it may cause
problems ..."
>  And bigger kernel ?
>  Can be it is time use gcc 3.0.x ?

I have been using the latest Debian testing compiler here for a while, gcc
3.3. My server systems are all running 2.4 kernels, compiled with a GCC
2.95 - I am not running 2.6 kernels on critical systems, at least not yet.

As far as I remember, some 2.6 kernels did not even compile properly with
2.95.