[rsbac] Problem with RSBAC and PAX (Kernel 2.4.26)

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Sun Jun 13 14:20:07 CEST 2004

On Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004 11:26, Arkady A Drovosekov wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 07:33:22PM +0200, Patrique Wolfrum wrote:
> > Usually once in a few weeks, the system completely freezes (screen
> > blank, no response at all), so it has to be restarted (especially
> Is X running on this server?
> I've had something like that: system still works, but new processes can't
start.
> It was solved by removing desktop tasks from this server :-)

My own server has hung several times since I moved from 2.4.25 to 2.4.26. I
had Oopses and Panics there, but no dead freeze without info. And it is
UP, not SMP.

I suspect that 2.4.26 has some serious stability bug, which only shows on
certain hardware. OTOH, that hardware is quite old, so I might have some
hardware problems, too. I am waiting for 2.4.27 now.