[rsbac] User capable of Backing up Attrs

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jun 7 09:28:28 CEST 2004

On Freitag, 4. Juni 2004 17:58, Rob See wrote:
> 	Does anyone know what rights I need to set to fix the following error
> message. I don't see a USER target type in RC.:
>
> rsbac_adf_request(): request READ_ATTRIBUTE, pid 11730, ppid 11697,
> prog_name attr_back_user, uid 151, target_type USER, tid 21, attr
> log_user_based, value 4294967295, result NOT_GRANTED by RC

In the current code, only roles with admin_type role_admin may read or set
this. If have just changed the code to also allow reading with admin_type
system_admin.

As you have an important point here, I have put adding USER target
compatibility on my to-do for 1.2.3. It is a straightforward
implementation and should not delay the release significantly. And it is
needed for 1.2.4 anyway, which will have full user management in the
kernel.