[rsbac] Role for initrd(linuxrc) and oops in logs

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jul 19 10:11:33 CEST 2004

On Montag, 12. Juli 2004 18:01, Rob See wrote:
> >> 	What role should the linuxrc script on the initrd be running under ?
> >> was sort of expecting that is should be under the new System Boot
> >> role,
> >
> > This was my expectation, too. There is a loop running through all
> > existing
> > processes at init time, which sets the role and type.
> >
> > Is it limited to this process, or do the other boot processes also run
> > with
> > the wrong role?
>
> 	Init seems to have the right role (999999)

Rechecking the init code shows that only kernel threads and init get this
role, because RSBAC init might happen at any time - we do not want to give
the role to arbitrary user processes.

We might add the role to the process calling rsbac_init(), but this would
not help you in the case of the external rsbac_init program. Maybe also
add for its parent process.

How is your call chain? linuxrc calling rsbac_init directly?