[rsbac] Linux: 2.4.24 Stable Kernel Released

Paul Robertson proberts at patriot.net
Fri Jan 9 02:09:15 CET 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Amon Ott wrote:

> Yes, same problem as with do_brk. However, so far there does not seem to be
> any exploit code floating around, only claims. See http://lists.netsys.com/
> pipermail/full-disclosure/2004-January/015198.html

There are two versions out now, the first one just caused a reboot in my
testing, and I haven't tried the second yet (way too busy today)- but it
claims to not reboot the system and is really a test.

> The 2.4.24 patch for RSBAC 1.2.2 is out in /pre, so you can update.
> Alternatively, use the patch for earlier kernels I posted.

Also, there were kernel modules posted to LKML which wrapper both this and
the do_brk syscall with fixed code, then call the original syscall- I'd
probalby make the so they couldn't be unloaded rather than take them
as-is, but for a production system, that could be a good enough fix until
you get to a scheduled maintenance period.

Paul