[rsbac] References page

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Feb 25 12:10:13 CET 2004

On Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2004 11:37, Bencsath Boldizsar wrote:
> I think it is kind of crack-me-i-am-very-much-protected contest, with
actual
> data where to crack.
> In other words: although security through obscurity is not a good way,
> opening the information wide about the system config is also not a good
idea
> and therefore many users won't tell you the references. after all, the
> result might be too bad to publish.

It is not intended to publish details, just the general outline. Still I
agree that some braindead hacker might understand it as a challenge to
hack all servers.

> But... Is there any way to make it anonymous and by the way trusted ? It
> could be really interesting...

The company/organization could be changed to a general description (e.g. "A
German webspace provider with 1000 virtual domains on 20 servers"), and a
redirected mail address e.g. at rsbac.org could be given to get into
contact. The mail pseudonym can be used by the company, until trust has
been established.