[rsbac] New kernel 2.4.25 with rsbac 1.2.2: postfix smtp/tcp service unknown ?

gabor.horvath at konicaminolta.hu gabor.horvath at konicaminolta.hu
Mon Feb 23 19:00:53 CET 2004

Dear Members,

I have just upgraded one of my servers to 2.4.25 with rsbac 1.2.2.
Config remained the same. Nothing else changed.

Everything works but postfix has got a small problem: in mail.err : fatal:
unknown service: smtp/tcp
There is nothing in rsbac.log (using rklogd).
I checked everything made a diff file compared to an other server (2.4.24
w/ 1.2.2): result: no difference.
I had to set up postfix (master.cf) that smtp do NOT use chroot and it
works now ?!

It seems that if it is chrooted to /var/spool/postfix it cannot read the
/var/spool/postfix/etc/services file (although of course it has got the
necessary rights to do it so). But again no sign of that in rsbac log.
Unfortunately with this 'live' kernel I couldn't do strace on postfix/smtp.

Anyone else with similar situation or faced this?
I would appreciate any feedback ! Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Gabor Horvath
mailto:gabor.horvath at konicaminolta.hu