[rsbac] mirrors

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Feb 23 10:18:57 CET 2004

On Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2004 01:58, Markus Weber wrote:
> I saw your message concerning mirrors.
>
> Can you give me a break-down in terms of disk space and bandwidth between
> the main and livecd sites? I can probably mirror the main site in the US,
> but livecd is likely more than I can sustain.

Currently, the whole rsbac.org has about 1GB of traffic per week and needs
about 500MB of disk space, most of which are the pre-patched kernels and the
livecds. So if you would mirror the main site www.rsbac.org and leave out the
kernels (or at least kernels/old), traffic and space should be pretty low.

The reason to initiate a set of mirrors is mostly availability and download
speed, although the traffic will probably grow steadily in the future.

More people willing to donate some bandwidth and maintain a mirror?