[rsbac] Problem with kernel 2.4.27 and RSBAC 1.2.3

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 31 09:26:25 CEST 2004

Hello,

>What exactly did you see? What else was missing?

When in rsbac_menu and trying to access the RC Roles, I get the
following messages:

"Startup: Choose initial role"

When no number is given, "Role: Invalid Role" is displayed, and I have
no access to the role list.

When trying to access the RC Types, there aren't any shown (the list is
blank).

>What device was RSBAC initialized from - could this be a problem?
>

>>Are there any problems known with importing existing rules (since
>>

>RSBAC
>

>>1.2.3 works here fine on a new installation) ?
>>

>I have done several updates so far, and it worked fine. The RSBAC init
>code should report about several list updates, specially in RC init.
>Please check in your boot log, if you have a copy.

I have sent you the boot.msg of the system to your email-account.

For me it seems that RSBAC has problems initializing correctly (if I am
reading the log messages correctly).

Thank you in advance.

With best regards.
    Patrique Wolfrum

--
Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg