[rsbac] Problem with kernel 2.4.27 and RSBAC 1.2.3

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 26 11:33:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

last week I received a patch from Amon Ott for RSBAC 1.2.3 and the
kernel 2.4.27. After applying that patch, the system booted correctly
(it didn't do that before), but since the system is our main server, and
I didn't want to check and make the neccessary changes to the existing
ruleset in a hurry, I left the system running with RSBAC 1.2.2 (which
works perfectly) and installed the new version on a testserver. There it
works fine, so I tried now to boot with RSBAC 1.2.3 and, if neccessary,
make the changes to ruleset. The system booted alright, but in
rsbac_menu (1.2.3 version), the system wasn't able to find any of the
exisiting RC rules or RC types. Booting with RSBAC 1.2.2, it worked
perfectly again.

Are there any problems known with importing existing rules (since RSBAC
1.2.3 works here fine on a new installation) ?

Thank you in advance.

With best regards.
    Patrique Wolfrum

--
Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg