[rsbac] pax

Peter Busser peter at devbox.adamantix.org
Sat Apr 3 11:28:00 CEST 2004

Hi!

> I have Hook into PaX configured in my kernel config. it does compile and my
> box is working fine with X, thanks to Sheplyakov Alexei.
>
> what tool to use for configuring pax?  if pax is working , I should not get
> the following, should I?
> bash-2.05b$ ./rungetsp
> bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0  bffff7a0
[similar lines deleted]

PaX only randomises the stack pointer when you enable address space layout
randomisation features in the kernel configuration.

> bash-2.05b$
> that is the stack pointer values. if pax did the job, I should get random
> values.

A better way of testing PaX functionality is to use PaXtest. If you are
Adamantix user, you can apt-get install paxtest. If not, you can download and
compile it on your system from: http://www.adamantix.org/paxtest/

Groetjes,
Peter Busser