[rsbac] smp boot problem

Florian Tischler florian.tischler at oeaw.ac.at
Fri Sep 26 16:58:48 MEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 09:51 schrieb Amon Ott:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 17:05, Florian Tischler wrote:
> > then i get the filp_close() message and all messages starting from
> > rsbac_acl_get_single_rigth(): Could not lookup device! appear a second
> > time.
> >
> > I gave you some wrong information - the system does not hang - it just
> > does not continue booting. Pressing ctrl-c continuing booting - but the
> > filesystems get not mounted.
> >
> > With softmode i also get this errors - but it boots.
> > With nosmp i do not get any error. (So this must be smp-related)
> >
> > > Did I get you right: You have two lines for auto-mounting the same
> > > device? This should never happen and can be the reason for the lockup.
> >
> > Was a wrong Information with the lockup.
> > I have 2 times the EINVALIDDEV lines - but not 2 times the automounting
> > lines. I filled the boot-scripts with echo "whatever". it seems to stop
>
> after
>
> > mounting proc & dev/pts. (which are the first lines in the boot-script)
> >
> > Any Ideas how i can track (or better work around) the error?
> > Would be fine to get this up and running.
>
> The problem seems to be related to the ACL data structures. Could you
> please retry without ACL model support to verify this?

I currently switched back to lids (surprise - it works on smp) as i had
to get the server ready as soon as possible. But if I find time I´ll compile
a rsbac kernel again with ACL disabled and check again. Rsbac is still
interesting for me. I´ll post a message to this list if it works with Acl
disabled.

Florian

> Amon.

- --
Florian Tischler
System Administrator
*Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM)
http://www.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/
florian.tischler at oeaw.ac.at
*Industrial Mathematics Institute
http://www.indmath.uni-linz.ac.at/