[rsbac] Software patents in the EU

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Sep 25 12:09:22 MEST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 12:46, Amon Ott wrote:
> Since software patents can threaten any free software project, like RSBAC,
> decided to support the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe. You can
> find a link directly on the RSBAC homepage.

The EU directive has passed the EU parlament with substantial changes, which
should be sufficient to protect free software. It will go back to the
minister council, get some minor changes again and will then be finally
passed by the EU parlament again.

Since the petition period is over, I just removed the link.