[rsbac] Main Menu: Selection Error!

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Sep 24 16:53:21 MEST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 12:56, A.P.R. Gelissen wrote:
> I get the following error when using the RSBAC menu:
>     Main Menu: Selection Error!

What item did you select from which menu?

> In the background this messages is shown (it appears for just an instance):
>     *** err [liblow.c(327)]: /dev/gpmctl: No such file or directory
>
> From what I've read /dev/gtpmctl is used by GPM, but I have neither a mouse
nor have I installed GPM. I have RSBAC v1.2.2 with kernel 2.4.22 and I
disabled kernel functionality that I don't have or need (ISDN, sound, ACPI,
...). I got dialog from rsbac.org/dialog and I also installed the patch.

The dialog tool tries to use a mouse, if it can, but works fine without.
AFAIK, the error message is harmless.