[rsbac] vmware ioports

Andreas Baetz lac01 at web.de
Mon Sep 22 08:30:04 MEST 2003

Hi,

I'm running kernel 2.4.22, rsbac-1.2.2, modules RC, AUTH, CAP,
JAIL, RES and trying to start a virtual machine under vmware.
vmware itself starts ok, but when I try to resume a virtual
machine, this error gets recorded:

kernel: rsbac_adf_request(): request MODIFY_PERMISSIONS_DATA,
pid 23138, ppid 22786, prog_name vmware, uid 501,
target_type SCD, tid ioports, attr , value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by AUTH

I have created an RC role vmware, where type comp SCD, ioports,
MODIFY_PERMISSIONS_DATA=on.
/usr/bin/vmware and /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware are RC force role vmware.
In the above case, pid 23138 is a new process, it is a new one each time
I try to resume. ppid 22786 stays the same, this is /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware.
Something is missing here, but what ?

How can I tell rsbac to log the whole path in syslog to see which program actually
is affected ? I've turned on the kernel parameter to log the full path,
but still only the program name without path gets logged.

Andreas Baetz