[rsbac] A few bugs; RH kernels

SamuliKärkkäinen skarkkai at woods.iki.fi
Thu Sep 4 06:22:34 MEST 2003

1) Some RSBAC configuration utility seems to create file /tmp/temp and leave
it there. I run the guilty utility first as root, so that /tmp/temp gets
created with owner root. Then I run the utility as the security officer, but
now the utility can't overwrite /tmp/temp, and shows some warnings.

2) When ever I try to press the help button in some menu based configuration
utility, the effect is same as pressing the cancel button. Could this be
because of a faulty installation, or is this a known bug?

3) Has it been considered releasing either RSBAC patches against Redhat
kernel sources, or releasing binary rpm's that are based on the Redhat
kernels? I'm going to recommend my company to use RSBAC in its servers, and
I'm sure they'd be much more willing to do that if it didn't require
suspicious manual patching to add RSBAC into a Redhat kernel (which is what
they will keep using).

--
  Samuli Kärkkäinen                   |\      _,,,---,,_
 skarkkai at woods.iki.fi ---------ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_------